Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I have nothing to Fear....right? I am the victim....right?

I arrive for questions. A familiar face awaits me in the room Detective Earl Swift who has known my husband and I for years. Conflict? I have nothing to hide I telling him what happened I give him John's history, the conversation seemed to start okay. He started saying things like did John have a life insurance policy, not asking about my policy worth $150,000.00. Or the military allotment of $3800.00 he has been having to pay me per a notarized financial agreement since 2007. He asks me why did I not leave my children there and go get help. Why would I leave my babies with a man who has already tried to kill me and threatened to kill them? Several hours and questions like: How were you able to fight a off your husband 6 foot 220 pounds. I do not know, God?! Adrenline?!

The incident started around 9 something at night and the detective interview even later like 10 something it was not until after 2 in the morning when he asked me to show him where I hurt. He downplayed the red marks on my back, arms and chest only taking pictures of my back.

Later they bring me to the magistrate, I tried to ask the magistrate about charging my husband with attempted murder. No. No charges, nothing. He did not want to hear me. I told him of all the abuse that has gone on and how I was unable to report it in fear for my life. No he did not care, nor Detective Swift of the female deputy. What John said was true. No wonder abuse victims stay and continue to get abused and end up dead.

Charged with three charges Malicious Wounding; Firing into an occupied dwelling; Possession of a firearm in commission of a felony.

Transported to the Jail where I would spend the next 23 days. Why? I was the victim of 15 years of abuse? It was self-defense! It was his gun! Registered to him! He had previous convictions of abuse!

It was just the beginning of another rude awakening.....

3 comments:

  1. About time for this avenue of support. You are incredible person to remain sane and hopeful in such a situation. Only eterny will reveal the impact of your situation in the lives of others you don't even know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I am alive, surviving this nightmare for a reason. My children need me to help them. Thank you for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete