Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Do you know the phone number to those you need?

Jail, I had arrived at the RRJ and was brought into the holding unit. Phone call. I was allowed to call. How? My purse was at my house the deputy refused to allow me to bring it. My cell phone had my phone numbers. I never direct dialed!

Gram! My Gram had the same number since, well more than 20 years. 3am? Hmmm, it is too early I will scare her I thought. My sister! Well we had a falling out. John strained any family relationships I had and I was not strong enough to leave John when he was abusing me and he children I was afraid. This, this that is happening I knew would happen! I get blamed for what he did! I call her anyway. The prompt was too short I was sick my voice was hoarse the call was denied (later I found out that she could not understand and had to have our mother tell her it's Liss and she freaked! Melissa? Her sister in jail? Stay at home mom? Nursing student? 911 Communications Officer? Not Lissa. Well at 7am when my Gram called that same thought ran through her mind and the call was denied. Alone. I was alone. Later I called a bondsman and asked her to 3-way my in-law Shirley, she seemed as though she was going to help. Later that night I would hear from my father-in-law, that, I was a woman of questionable character and he refused to let me speak to my children. He refused me several times until the bond hearing where they made sure it would be another 134 days.

How? Why would they do that to me knowing who their son is? John Morris who got a 13 yr old girl pregnant when he was 18. A 14 year old girl pregnant at 19 and a 16 yr old girl pregnant when he was 28 while he still was married to Bonnie Lynn Hoffman (also abused by him)in 1995.

Covering for John was the norm. Thousands of dollars spent to correct his lies, manipulation, abuse.
In 2007 they paid his $10,000.00 cash bond not even spending the night in jail. A month later witness tampering forcing me to leave town with my children until the 2008 March conclusion of John charges I filed against him. Threatening to take my children. I had to stay with my step-son in Las Vegas, he was stationed at Nellis Airforce Base. John, Chuck and Shirley all claiming to the commonwealth they had no idea where I was (even though they had me drive to Travis Airforce Base in CA where John made military flight arrangements unable to do travel I waited standby in the USO room 2 days with children he had me drive back to Christopher's and fly out of LAS, in Nevada) Amazing? Right?

The court process for the 23 days were a never ending merry-go-round of shock and awe....

2 comments:

  1. Surviving this whole ordeal is a real testimony to others who are enduring abuse. Continue your efforts to bring to light the struggle to gain protection from an abuser and the still deaf and blindness of the judicial and law enforcement agencies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you it is a daily struggle to understand why. Why me? Why my children? Why won't the courts stop an abuser?

    ReplyDelete